[T3] fuel pump output

Fred Simmons fasimmons at msn.com
Sat Feb 26 14:12:14 PST 2011

hi all,
more data on fuel pump output using gas and with the pump in the car.
i recently measured my fuel pump output in a simpler way.
its less hi tech than gary's but possibly more relevant to actual usuage.
my pump is 3 yr. and had a new filter. the fuel pressure was 29 psi.
i attached a length of hose to the cold start tee and clamped it off, put the end in a quart bottle, jumped the fuel pump, unclamped the hose and measured the output twice ( but not to 3 decimal places!).
both times it  filled in 40 seconds= 48 oz./min.
fred 70'sqbk in los angeles