[T3] MPS calibration

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jan 3 19:17:52 PST 2011

On 4 Jan 2011 at 0:13, Dave Hall wrote:

> I've certainly seen the odd brown label ECU, though it may have been a Type
> 4 one.  They also supplied an ECU for Type 4 with a mixture adjustment
> variable resistor.

I think all the late (311E) brains I've ever seen had a black label,
while the similar 411 brains had the reddish brown sticker.

I'll double check the lit I've got to see if anyone mentions the
black paint dot, but I don't think they do, although several mention
the black sticker. IIRC, the black sticker is mentioned in a note to
use a certain temp switch only with brains with a black sticker.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org