[T3] Putting door seal on

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 14:28:01 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/22/2011 3:34:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spinningrooves at gmail.com writes:

Has  anyone put the ISP USA-made door seals on?  I'm trying to determine if
would use the white OE plastic clips that are on the forward part of  the
door.  There are no holes in the new seal for them.  Were  there holes in
the
original seals or do you just punch them  through?

Also, the new seal is made of two pieces of rubber.  They  are joined
together at seams that are more like corners.
Would these  "corners" go at the bottom of the door?  That seems to be the
spacing  of them anyway.

I'm prepping the door today and putting seal on  tomorrow, the warmer of the
two days.  Thanks....

I haven't used them, but a couple of people in the Samba T-3 forum have.
You'll probably have to put your own holes in, or set the seal over them to
"plug" the holes. The "molded" corners should go at the rear of the door
(top  and bottom), and let the rest follow the door frame. I hope this helps.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)