[T3] "Correct" Bosch vs."new" Solid State VR

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 17:51:50 PST 2011

Opinion and experience?

I'm a "newbie" here, but always learning from these discussions.

"What's the feeling about the original style vs. the Solid State VR?"  Jim,
I believe you installed an original (mechanical?) style VR instead of the
Solid State VR in my '69 Variant.  Dependable operation and longevity ...
which one seems to be favored?  Or is the solid state VR "too new" to have
stood the test of time?  Of the list members, are most of us still running
the original style?

Another (unrelated) question: Do any list/members live near Burwell,
Cambridgeshire, England CB25 0AH?
Frito