[T3] Freezing

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 07:30:41 PST 2011

*Similar experience with a 1950 Buick Special with DynaFlow tranny, in '52.

Extremely cold (-28 F) in Watertown, WI while visiting Aunt/Uncle.  9:30 pm
tried to start the car.  Nada!

Decided to push it into the dairy barn where there was "the alley".  The 50+
Holsteins (body temperature 103 degrees) were in the stalls.  Barn was warm
and humid from the animals.  Once inside the barn, opened the hood to let
the warmth in.  Almost instantly a thick coat of ice/frost on the cold
metal, formed.  Took a whole day before the ice melted, warmed the oils in
the pan & cylinders and could get it started.

Like putting your hot, moist tongue on a cold pump handle.  Trouble, for
sure.

*"Dad called me a DumbKopf ..."  *My Dad was more "colorful" than that.*