[T3] MC removal

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 3 09:50:04 PDT 2011

On 2 Jul 2011 at 19:16, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> Unscrewed the brake lines, now ready to remove the 2 bolts and get the MC
> out....but regarding the reservoir feed lines:  is it better to pull the
> blue hose off the white plastic fitting, or pull the fitting out of the MC ?
>
> IIRC Jim, when you rebuilt my MC, you left those old seals on top in the MC.
>  They were cracked but you said they were fine below.  I don't want to pull
> the fitting out of those seals if it might damage them.  If not, that seems
> most simple.

You have 3 places where you can separate the lines: either end of the
blue connecting hose, or the nipple into the reservoir. Any of those
is okay, but especially with the latter, you need to be careful when
installing the nipple that you don't snag part of the sealing grommet
and pull it down into the MC. If your blue hoses are cracked, you
could have the same problem there if you aren't careful.

I would try either end of the blue hoses first.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org