[T3] Dash Light Bulb

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 04:12:11 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/16/2011 1:03:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
knowonelse at sbcglobal.net writes:

It took  me more than hour to get the seven bulbs out and I have a blister
to show for  it. Severe oxidation filled the spaces between the bulb and the
 holder.

The oxidation is so severe that the phosphoric acid didn't  affect it at
all. I was able to clean some of them up using the old-school  trick of a
pencil eraser and while some of them cleaned up nicely, others are  just
laughing at the eraser.

Any other  suggestions?

If you're trying to clean the bulbs bases, you can use sand paper (320 to
400 grit). If you're trying to clean the bulb holders, a small pocket knife
(1/4  inch wide blade) will work for scraping in the holder sides, and
possibly  the very bottom contact. I had to do that with my T-34, since it had
45+ years  of "growth" on them (man were they hard to get out). Now that
they're clean,  they work great, and slipped in and out just fine. : )

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)