[T3] short distr cap

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 18 20:41:33 PDT 2011

On 18 Jul 2011 at 18:05, crash 69 wrote:

> Yes, I've read this in other forums as well.  Since I don't know the exact
> displacement of my engine, how do I determine the best distributor option?
>  We're guessing it's around 1915cc or so, based on how it drives.  I've gone
> through the Weber 44 idf carbs and it runs very smoothly now, so I'm afraid
> to change anything.  No flat spot, no hesitation and no hiccups.  Having
> said that, I'm always open to improvements................
>
> I'm averaging about 22 mpg, which I think is reasonable for my situation.

If it all seems to be working well now, then the only thing you might
want to consider would be to make sure you have the right angle
connectors for the SP wires to the top of the dist cap. Otherwise,
the wires will stick up too far and wear thru the engine cover
insulation, and eventually thru the SP wire insulation.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org