[T3] Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes)

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:02:01 PDT 2011

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 23:11:35 -0500
> Subject: Re: [T3] Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes)
>
> On 24 Jul 2011 at 15:10, Adriel Rowley wrote:
>
> > I did notice the fuel looks like dandelion milk.
>
> That can't be good. How much water is in it? The test for water is to
> drain some out into a glass jar and let it settle. Look for water
> that settles out on the bottom.

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/831562.jpg

It looks to be a very thin film on the fuel, and white flakes settling
to the bottom.  Now what?

Did change the condenser per a recommendation, and seemed to help a
tad.

Video should be up soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdGoD76Rnk

Thank you,
Adriel