[T3] Overheating

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 25 20:23:42 PDT 2011

> > Rubber air seals in place against those plates?

Soft ones now in place.

> > Check adjustment/function of the chokes. They should be
> > fully open with the engine hot, closed when cold.

Adjusted the chokes to where the manual said they should be, but they were still closed after 5 minutes. I then adjusted the chokes to be just open after 5 minutes of being on which is where they should be as far as I can tell.

I started it up to see how well it fared. It didn't want to start as expected with the chokes fully open, but it did and I had to goose the throttle to keep it running. I then went back to keep it running from the engine compartment. Uh oh, major, big, ugly, action going on there. Fuel leak at the T to the carbs right at the front of the engine.

Looks like messing with the chokes will have to wait until I fix the fuel lines.

Jeff '67 Sqbk