[T3] Huston, we have ignition! (was RE: Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: U...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 03:57:18 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/27/2011 6:42:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

If you  time it statically - without a light - the first mark to the right
of
TDC  should be close.  That's 7.5 deg BTDC.  As you have a light, why  not
time it correctly, as the factory recommends?  That's what most of  us  do,
and no-one's had a problem following the factory  instruction.

Yup, that's what I do. If you're really paranoid, AND have a dial type
timing light, you could set it to 28-30, and see IF you're still on the timing
mark (that you used initially) at 3000 rpms. I'll bet you'll be fine
though.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)