[T3] Huston, we have ignition! (was RE: Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes))

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:06:54 PDT 2011

> From: dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:23:45 +0100
> Subject: Re: [T3] Huston, we have ignition! (was RE: Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes))
>
> Well done!
> That's very satisfying.

Thank you!  I am not very satisfied, as she is running rough and still have a couple things to do to make it fully drivable. ;)  I am thinking first get the latter taken care of, and then drive it around and to the gasoline station and get good fuel in the tank.  Might be a tad bit of water or cleaner left from cleaning the tank.  If that does not do it, then will ask here as what to do.  I will check the dwell and timing once I have fresh gasoline, as timing needs to be set at about 30 degrees advance at 3,500 R.P.M. I.I.R.C..  Russ suggested 15 degrees advance, but do not want to run it that way with possibly bad fuel. ;/

Thank you,
Adriel