[T3] Huston, we have ignition! (was RE: Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes))

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jul 26 21:21:22 PDT 2011

On 26 Jul 2011 at 12:06, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> I will check the dwell and timing once I have fresh gasoline, as timing
> needs to be set at about 30 degrees advance at 3,500 R.P.M. I.I.R.C..
> Russ suggested 15 degrees advance, but do not want to run it that way
> with possibly bad fuel.

Why not stick to what the Bentley suggests: for a '71,TDC at idle.
You're MUCH less likely to screw that up than trying to time to a non-
existant mark at high rpm/

The 15 deg figure is wrong, and the 30 deg figure requires more
understanding than you have at this point.

Keep it straightforward and get it running right before you start
messing around with it again.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org