[T3] Need 71 ignition

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 8 20:04:59 PDT 2011

On 8 Jun 2011 at 16:11, Marklist wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that the disc in the back of the switch is coming
> loose.  I've had this problem before and fixed it by bending the little
> bits of metal that hold it.  I'm just not sure I can keep doing this.

That pot metal shell won't take too much of that, as you seem to be
aware. I have a dished piece of steel that fits the curve of the
shell, so I don't "undo" my crimps on the bottom as I'm trying to
"do" the crimp on the top.

Once I get this as good as I can, I wrap electrical tape around the
switch, just enough to make it a light press fit in the
switch/cylinder housing. That way, the outer cylinder helps support
the wall of the switch. It seems to work.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org