[T3] Dual carb air cleaner

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jun 12 05:54:17 PDT 2011

On 12 Jun 2011 at 12:17, Dave Hall wrote:

> That's the one listed in the parts book up to about engine T0800,000 odd
> (end of 1970 model?) with the right-hand carb bit as part of the centre
> part, before they had both ends removeable.
>
> The Type 34 part would be the same number anyway - but they didn't use the
> one with separate right-hand end.

Interesting that it has a 341 part number. VW must have designed the
dual carb engine into the Type 34 first.

Yes, this has a 2-part top piece. I didn't realize there was ever a 3-
piece version. I don't think I've ever seen one like that, probably
because we never got the late dual carb engines here.

Interesting that VW would make a version that allowed for flycutting
the heads.

If no one is interested in this, I'm gonna recycle the steel. Wasn't
someone looking for a replacement rubber coupler bit? That part is
still good, and probably useful to someone out there.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org