[T3] Jacking Points

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 13:34:34 PDT 2011

A few more suggestions:-
I guess you have a spare wheel/tyre, so put that on one rear, and use a jack
stand at each end of the front beam, and one under the other rear spring
plate.  You can also jack on the front gearbox mount where the floorpan
joins it.  Obviously, in theory, you can use the jacking points, but they
are near the point of balance, and often weakened by corrosion, so might be
safer not to use them.  The forward end of the floorpan behind the front
wheels is also pretty strong.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club