[T3] Runs Great....but very hot...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 20:47:48 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/17/2011 9:19:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Well,  theres no way to know how hot it is unless you measure it, namely the
oil  temp.

If the air flaps are opening, the cylinders and oil cooler are  clean and
not
clogged with dirt or mouse nests, the tin is all in place,  the bellows is
in
place and not torn, and the mixture is about right it  really cant overheat
unless your crossing a desert or pulling a boat on a  hot summer day.

Have I missed an overheating  cause?

Not that I can think of. If he's having a heating up issue in 20 or so
miles, I'd think missing some tin, or what you listed above. I know I've
personally ran my 65 Notch (with a stock 1600 and dual Solex carbs) for over 16
hours straight, and not shutting it off in that entire time. It was also
about 2  weeks shy of a year ago with air temps in the 90's (return trip from
Carthage,  MO).

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)