[T3] Cylinder Performance

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 02:12:47 PDT 2011

Could be your plug wires are even worse now!  You should be getting around
5000 Ohms, so you would see '1' on the 2K range.  The range gives the
maximum it will read.  '1' would show it's above the range selected.
Usually on 2K the readings would be in thousands so your 0.863 is 863 Ohms
or (0.863 K Ohms).

Try it on a 10K range if you have one, or the next higher one from 2K
anyway.  I would expect the reading should be between 4.something and
5.something.

Better still, stop wasting time measuring resistances and find the leads you
got from Jim !  You could simply compare them if you don't want to fit them
yet.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club