[T3] A new T-34 owner?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jun 19 18:59:37 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/19/2011 9:41:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaransont3 at comcast.net writes:

We took  Jill's Type 34 to the Motor Muster show at the Henry Ford
Greenfield Village  this weekend.  Over 800 cars...all stock representing cars from
1936 to  1976.  Needless to say she was the only Type 34 there.  There were
about dozen VWs there.

Anyway...here are some links to shots of  the Ghia at the  show...

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011Misc/MotorMuster_5.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011Misc/MotorMuster_6.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011Misc/MotorMuster_7.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011Misc/MotorMuster_8.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011Misc/MotorMuster_9.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2011Misc/MotorMuster_10.jpg

We  talked with a ton of people about the car and got lots of compliments
and lots  of "what is it?"s and other such comments.  We even participated in
the  Pass & Review and she even stymied the announcers.   They didn't  have
much to say about her ex ept that she was very rare and designed by the
Ghia study in Italy.  At least that part they got right.  The rest  was pretty
much wrong..."underneath the coachbuilt sheetmetal it is a Beetle",
"successor to the Karmann Ghia", etc etc.  They really didn't know what  to say
about her.

We had a great weekend.  Good weather, great  cars, and good car talk.

I just tell people it's a German Corvair. ;^)

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)