[T3] Metal Brake Line Lengths

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 20 12:38:03 PDT 2011

On 19 Jun 2011 at 23:26, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> Is there a list of all the hard metal brake line lengths out there?  I'm
> specifically looking for all the lengths for dual circuit IRS (LHD).
>
> Here's what I'm coming up with and wondering if it's correct.  I'm
> asking because I'd like to know if replacement beetle/bus parts will work.

I don't have a list of all the lengths, because I seldom need most of
them, so here's what I have:

> LF - ?? (bends under MC)

This version started in '71 and the OE measures about 17" I use a 20"
which I can buy and make a larger bend to take up the slack.

> MC to T-fitting - 84"

That's definitely too short. The beetle lines are too short; they can
be MADE to work, but it's a real pain. I get them made at 88", which
works nicely.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org