[T3] Re/ Runs Great...but very hot...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jun 20 17:58:16 PDT 2011

Oh yea, a missing thermostat will dilute things even in the summer.  That
thermostat is CRITICAL to proper warmup, remember... your warming the engine
up to 220F from 70F or colder, so 20F or 70F doesn’t make much difference,
it’s a huge warmup and needs to be done as quickly as possible, wiring the
flaps open will not make it run any cooler, it will just make it warm up
more slowly, and that causes considerable wear.

Here in the Northeast, the engines wear out about twice as fast under normal
use with no thermostat.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com