[T3] Cylinder Performance

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:01:45 PDT 2011

Finally made it out to the Squareback; work has been unpredictable.  Installed the rebuilt spark plug wires and installed nicer than the new ones.  They fit better in the holders and are tighter on the cap.  Only concern was number one was a stretch.  They should be loose right?  Adney, can you do anything about this?

Started it up, and seemed a tad better, but number three was still week.  Disappointed, so decided to take a drive up part of the coast as was not in the mood to deal with it. ;/  Got onto the road, and was way better.  Just as I got onto one of the larger roads leading out to the main drag, my right foot hit the floor.  God was watching as was able to coast into the alley behind Jack's house.  Turned out the throttle cable slipped out of the barrel nut, so fixed that, and went on around.  This time, it started to fall flat on its face when I left the limit line.  Went back around, thinking it felt like it was lugging.  Then had the idea of trying to go back into first... it was in second gear! l.o.l.  Today been having blank moments; guess the stop sign came up too soon.  Plus, third time I have driven it with the bushing replaced.  Finnished going round and headed out.  Felt good to not care and get out and enjoy it, especially on a good day for a sunroof.  Only thing was it was hard to get it up to 50 M.P.H. as it run out of power to do it.  When coming back was able to persuade it up to 53 M.P.H. but took feathering the throttle.  This reminded my I had not checked the T.V.S..  When I got back, I tested it, which was a bit of a challenge with the warm engine.  Idle circuit shows 0 Ohms along with the fourth test, and the second and third tests get odd results.  Seems that might be my problem?

Anyone have an extra four pin T.V.S.?  Been using a five, but switched to this four pin thinking it worked; now need to remember where I put it.

Thank you,
Adriel