[T3] Noise from the right side cylinder head.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 22 11:52:19 PDT 2011

On 22 Jun 2011 at 7:17, Alex Satala wrote:

> both rods are from vw engines but my dad had 2 of them and the parts got mixed
> up. they could also be from 1300cc beetle engines (the short ones).

If the ends look the same then they should be the same length. Early pushrods
had completely different ends and they MIGHT be a different length. I don't
know about that.

I'll try to measure one of my 1500/1600 pushrods later tonight.

> I will recheck the valve clearance also.

That's the first thing you should check.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, WI USA