[T3] Thermostat Air Flap

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jun 23 11:55:46 PDT 2011

On 23 Jun 2011 at 13:48, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> I did a cooling flaps removal tutorial last year for a guy who needed  a
> set. The flap assembly came off the 69 engine I got from Keith the year
> before. It shows the rod in the top hole, with a thin washer and circlip. Here's
> a couple of photos from that tutorial.
>
> _http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/700467.jpg_
> (http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/700467.jpg)
> _http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/700479.jpg_
> (http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/700479.jpg)
> _http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/700474.jpg_
> (http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/700474.jpg)
> I hope this helps.

Yes, a decent photo is worth a thousand words. I can never remember
which hole the rod goes in. When I'm assembling these I like to make
it washer/flap/washer/circlip. I know I've found suitable washers and
circlips at my local hardware store.

Don't forget the spring that then goes in the lower hole. That's a
VERY important part of the assembly.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org