[T3] wheel advice

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 20:10:07 PDT 2011

Ya know, Don't wheels have to be DOT approved before they can be sold??

I think the idea here is just because somebody can put something on a car,
or make something fit on a car doesn't mean its safe to do so.  Ive driven a
couple cars that were darn scary with the tire/wheel choices that were on
them, and was nearly hit by one kid once who thought they could follow the
guy in front of him around the curve in the rain with his skinny tires.

The other thing to consider is that the wide 5's didn't have the safety
beads on them, except for replacement wheels manf later on, so if you mount
the wrong tires on them you need to be careful they don't air-out going
around a hard turn or in a panic maneuver.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"