[T3] Oil Leak and Backfiring

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:28:28 PDT 2011

I have put on now about 80 miles since I left Jack's Friday afternoon (soon to put another five), and combined with the prior 10 miles, will be soon time to change the oil.  One of the oil cover's bolts in the case is pulling out, and was that way when I went to install the cover the first time.  Adney said he has a jig to fix it with the engine in and together, so right now just need a temporary fix for the few drops of oil.  Had the idea of using high temperature R.T.V. around the bolt and a bead to the next two bolts and letting it get a bit stiff before putting the paper gasket down and the cover.  Think this be a good way to seal it?

Over all, around town performing well, except W.O.T. at red line it sounds like it does a bit of popping backfires that go away soon as I let off the throttle.  The whine is mostly gone, so still not sure what that was or if it is going to come back and bite.  Look forward to changing the oil and pulling the plugs especially and see what they look like. ;)

Thank you,
Adriel