[T3] A new T-34 owner?

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 29 08:47:49 PDT 2011

> When you think how much force would be needed to rip a chunk of floorpan
> out, you've got to realise what the belt will be doing to you!  Even the
> 2"
> square 1/8" thick backing plates that I've seen supplied would be strong
> enough for the job.

I read an article long ago (mid to early 60s) about some tests with
different strength seat belts. Things have certainly changed since then,
but I remember that in a real world accident a 5000 lb rated seat belt
failed, but a 10,000 lb belt in the same car saved its wearer.

I think the forces on the belt anchors can be extremely high.