[T3] A new T-34 owner?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 16:44:26 PDT 2011

I'm sure they are, but presumably no more than the wearer experiences, since
the wearer is the one exerting the force on the mountings, due to their
momentum?  I wonder what force a human body can survive.  I think I read 20g
deceleration was quite normal in a collision, which would require a pretty
substantial force (250lb x 20 = 5000 lbf?  That matches your figures quite
well, Jim.   I normally work in newtons, so I hope I've not made a silly
error).

I've never needed a seat belt ..... Yet!  I still buckle up each time,
though.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club