[T3] Cutting Ferrules from Injectors

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 20:19:02 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/29/2011 11:08:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

Thanks  so much for all of this advice and info, Jim.
I have pulled the  injectors.  The OE ferrules are still
on there, so I will delicately  start removing them, get
some clamps and standard gas line hose and  replace.
I have heard that a dremmel is the best tool to use?
I have all  of that fabric hose off, thanks to some snips, but
I havent tackled the  ferrels yet.

Would you use a dremmel?

The only reason I DID NOT  use my Dremel was it was 120 miles away from
where
I was working on my  Variant.  The Jeweler's Saw was at hand.  Slower, but
actually  ... slower meant that I was more careful with my cutting the
ferrules  off.  Sometimes the "turtle" wins the race.  But the Dremel with
Cut-Off wheel, would be fine, too.

I just use my die grinder with a cut off wheel. I've got so much practice
with it, that I'm comfortable cutting them with it. I also suggest using a
hack  saw, if you don't have a dremel available.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)