[T3] Cutting Ferrules from Injectors

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:08:29 PDT 2011

Thanks so much for all of this advice and info, Jim.
I have pulled the injectors.  The OE ferrules are still
on there, so I will delicately start removing them, get
some clamps and standard gas line hose and replace.
I have heard that a dremmel is the best tool to use?
I have all of that fabric hose off, thanks to some snips, but
I havent tackled the ferrels yet.

Would you use a dremmel?

The only reason I DID NOT use my Dremel was it was 120 miles away from where
I was working on my Variant.  The Jeweler's Saw was at hand.  Slower, but
actually ... slower meant that I was more careful with my cutting the
ferrules off.  Sometimes the "turtle" wins the race.  But the Dremel with a
Cut-Off wheel, would be fine, too.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, MT, FI
Lake Geneva, WI