[T3] VW Part Numbers

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:10:07 PDT 2011

*I have a bunch of plastic bags that had VW  Parts in them.

Is there a rhyme or reason to the identification numbers?

The parts came from a long-time VW dealer ... Ernie Von Schledorn in
Milwaukee, WI ... but I probably took the part out of the bag and installed
it.

But  I don't have any way to know what part is described by a particular
part number.

Example: 311 881 165A  What is the part name?

Would a VW Microfiche identify the part name?
Or would it be "Like hunting (the Microfiche) for a needle in a haystack?"

Gary "Frito"
*