[T3] Injector fuel hose connectors

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 12:15:43 PDT 2011

*I replaced several lengths of fuel hose on my '69 Variant last summer.
Including the 1" "stubs" on the injectors.

The originals were metal collar that was swaged(sp?) on to capture the hose
and seal it to the injector.  I used a fine-tooth, jewelers saw blade to
carefully cut around 1/2 of the diameter of the injector end of the
connector and then split the metal with a saw cut.  Then you can peal the
metal away and the hose slides off.

When I put the new hose back on, I bought the appropriate size VW band
clamps ($3.64 each) from a VW dealer.  The GEARED hose clamps don't work
well.  They cut the rubber hose.

I spent the money for the VW clamps, because they are a solid metal band and
I feel they seal the hi-pressure hose to the injectors, much better.  They
haven't leaked since.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI
*