[T3] Rust on the brain 72 FB

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Mar 6 06:25:25 PST 2011

On 3/5/2011 10:58 PM, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 5 Mar 2011 at 17:54, Dennis Stiefel wrote:
>
>> As we continue to transfer the wiring from the parts car to my
>> Fastback.  We removed the ECU and noticed rust on the bottom.  I know
>> this one works as we were able to get it to pulse the injectors and
>> cycle the fuel pump on and off. Is this something I should be concerned
>> with? Is there any way to patch or repair it?  Here are some photos of
>> the rust on it.
> Facebook wants me to log in, so I haven't seen your photos, but
> external rust in usually not a problem on those boxes. You might try
> some silver spray Rustoleum just to make it look nice. Don't clog up
> the drain holes on the bottom; they're there to make sure
> condensation can always get out.
>
> If you're concerned, slide the end cover off, pull the plug and take
> a look inside.

Sorry about the picture Jim.  Facebook has changed the way they do
photos and I guess this is something else they have changed. I guess I
am going to have start doing something different on the picture. Until
then I think it will still let me link the whole album the photos are in
with out a pass word.  Sorry.
Dennis
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2038351&id=1120060951&l=dfa45ad9a0