[T3] Intermittent Cut out

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Mar 21 20:27:56 PDT 2011

On 21 Mar 2011 at 17:23, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> You basically hooked up the Cold Start valve. This valve should only inject
>  fuel at start up, and then only below 40 degrees. Most of the time that
> valve  leaks, and dumps fuel when warmed up causing a very rich condition. It
> won't  hurt anything to be unplugged from the fuel line, and not used. In
> fact 2 of my  cars don't have it connected (both fuel or electrically).

I think it's fairly rare for the CSV to actually leak. In my
experience, there's almost always something else wrong with the FI
wiring that actually turns the CSV ON. So gas getting thru the CSV is
just a symptom of a problem elsewhere.

It's usually important to find and fix that underlying problem,
because the open CSV isn't the only thing that's going wrong because
of it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org