[T3] Wheel issues

James Lingenfelter jimmyandcher at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 01:06:58 PDT 2011

   I've got it working now with the studs and lug nuts/washers. All
the VW bolts I've seen have either a conical or ball type seat on
them, which just wouldn't work on these wheels. I've had a brake drum
stripped out in the past by a tire shop that got over-zealous with
the impact wrench. In fact, now I prefer to just take the wheels in,
have them mount the tires, and put the wheels on myself; they impact
those things on so hard now I can hardly get them off by hand.