[T3] Anybody located close to Delaware??

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon May 30 20:39:55 PDT 2011

In a message dated 5/30/2011 11:33:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Bobsnotch at aol.com writes:

BillyMac

Since you have a 62, life is a lot easier.  There's 4 nuts that need to be
removed (they hold the engine to the  trans and have a 17mm wrench size).
There's  2 bolts that are holding  the rear mount in place 13mm wrench
size. And
you have  what's left  of the wiring harness, and the throttle cable left
remove. The   clamp on the throttle clamp uses an 8mm wrench, as does the
wires on   the generator. You don't have to remove the heater cables like
the
later  (65 and  on) cars do, but the heater pipes might have a clamp on
them
where they connect  to the heat exchangers. There's also 2 clamps on  the
bellows (cooling air boot).  These should be held in place with a  phillips
screw
(1 from the top, and 1 from  the bottom on each  clamp). These screws don't
need to be removed  completely, but almost  off is close enough. That's it.
Use a big sturdy  floor jack to  support the engine, have the car up on
jack
stands, as you'll need   some room to get the engine out of the bay
(minimum
18 inches plus the  height of  the jack in the lowered position from the
ground to the  very bottom of the rear  apron). Some here use plywood to
slide the
engine out with, others just remove  it on the jack. I have a cart  that
fits over my jack, and supports it that way,  as it allows me to  free up
the
jack, and roll the engine out of the way. Other  than the  remains of the
wiring (not sure how much is left), it should only  take  an hour or so to
remove
the engine. I've done it in under a  half hour by myself.  If I was closer,
I'd help you out, but I'm  north of Detroit, which is quite a  ways away
from
you. :O

Oh, I forgot, you need to remove the engine oil dip stick, and loosen the
clamp for the oil fill/dip stick tube, and separate the boot from the lower
tube.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)