[T3] Anybody located close to Delaware??

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 31 04:28:25 PDT 2011

On 30 May 2011 at 21:44, William McInerney wrote:

> So I figure I could use some help trying to rebuild my engine bay
> after the fire last month. Its summertime and my 62 notch is not
> running. I want to use this unfortunate oppurtunity to learn and get
> some experience working on the car myself. I know I want to pull the
> engine and see what exactly got burnt and to rewire the bay, but I
> know I cannot do it by my self and all of my friends have no idea
> about the ACVW scene and are pretty much scared to work on something
> so simple. I just don't got the muscle to be pulling the engine and it
> would be nice to set a day or two away with a local T3 guy to look
> over my shoulder and lend an extra hand when needed.

Really sorry to hear about your fire. I'm afraid I'm too far away to
offer local help.

An engine bay fire usually wouldn't require pulling the engine. You
might want to take a close look at what got destroyed before you go
that far. Most of the things that might need help or replacement are
accessible from the topside, so just look at the carbs, fuel pump,
wiring (really simple on your '62) and generator.

You're likely to need some replacement parts. I don't have anything
from that early, but someone here probably will, or you can check at
the Samba. If you're lucky, you may be able to just clean up things,
and you might just need some rebuild kits.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org