[T3] Progress Thanks to P.A.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 31 04:28:25 PDT 2011

On 30 May 2011 at 22:42, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> At least once I get the pressure gauge I can drive it, but not sure
> how long I can stand the flasher relay clicking the whole time...

Study the '72-3 wiring diagram in the Bentley. That diagram shows the
actual current paths whereas the earlier diagrams just show a sort of
pictorial representation.

While some details may be different, you can see that power to the TS
relay comes from the TS switch to the TS relay. With the TS switch
centered, no power should come thru. If it is coming thru, there is a
problem with the switch, or the switch connections are not wired
right.

The key to all this is to study the '72-3 diagrams. Even though you
have a'71, the concept is the same and understanding the current
paths should make this easier to solve.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org