[T3] Steering wheel cover (VW)?

charles tupper bbfn_o51951 at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 13:43:36 PDT 2011

I installed a ton of them.  I guess they were VWP (with a ZVW Part number) accessories as were most accessories that were "approved" by VWoA for installation.  Just like the Sapphire radios were the main accessory radio in the US ... up until the 74-75 time-frame ... dealers were pretty much forced to buy the VW Products accessories ... our dealership (because of a relative at the start-up company "Audiovox") started installing the non-VWP radios in about 74/75.  The mark-up was unreal (AM-FM 8-Track cost us $39.00 and was sold as a several hundred $$$ option).

Charlie