[T3] A bumper support bracket questions

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Nov 20 06:53:40 PST 2011

On 19 Nov 2011 at 19:36, David Sanderson wrote:

> The front brackets that support the bumper appear to be twisted. Here
> is a picture of the mounted bumper and bracket.
>
> [img]http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/867880.jpg[/img]
>
> You can see a twist. I managed to get things to align reasonably well,
> but I am wondering if someone has a bumper support bracket in good
> shape that they could photo and send to me or post here. To me it
> looks like I have to do some work to straighten it but since I was
> able to get the bumper aligned, maybe I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure you're right, Dave. While the bumper must clearly be
horizontal, the mounting points on the body are vertical. That
bracket clearly looks twisted. Sorry, I don't have a photo to share,
but you should be able to figure out where it is twisted and twist it
back. A little heat in the right place on the bracket should make it
easy.

Are both brackets twisted the same?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org