[T3] Accelerator Cable Install

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Tue Nov 29 12:49:09 PST 2011

All the clutch cable messages reminded me to ask:

I lightly greased my new accelerator cable when I installed it.  When I
hooked it up to my dual carb linkage, it seems to bind somewhere and the
carb springs just cant pull it back to idle and the pedal stays
depressed.  I can move the cable coming out of the tunnel at the front
end by hand, but it's hanging up somewhere with just enough resistance
over the carb throttle springs to cause a problem.

The tube from pan to tin is installed and the carb linkage is aligned
properly so that the cable isn't binding on the linkage pull arm.

Are they're any tricks to installing these for smooth operation?  Maybe
I need a lot more grease?

Thanks,
Brent