[T3] Undervoat question

charles tupper bbfn_o51951 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 20:26:54 PDT 2011

Undercoating was done by the dealer.  Could be the areas where it did not stick, are areas where the factory applied cosmoline (waxy material sprayed on to protect the paint in-transit) was applied heavily and thus the undercoat would not adhere.  In our Southampton NY dealership (68-75 hen I worked there) we used a 3-M undercoat product.  Having scraped it from 2 VWs from that era (my SB was probably undercoated by me in 1969) ... it really did not work so well.