[T3] Wiring?!

John L. Morgan IV emailjohnmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 04:46:04 PDT 2011

yanked out the radio (wasnt original) yesterday because it wasnt working.
now, i have a problem.

I have three wires, and I have no clue what is going on.

*Wire 1=red*
This wire is hot and is a direct power wire.  I followed it and it goes to
the fuse panel to the wiper motor fuse (more on this later).

*Wire 2=red*
Does nothing.  When I hook it up to the hot wire it powers nothing.

*Wire 3=orange and white*
When this is connected to Wire 1 (red) the fuel pump comes on and the oil
and gen lights come on in the dash, like they do before you start the car
and first
turn the key.

Without any of these wires hooked up, the car works fine, starts right up.
 Even without that orange and white (wire 3), the fuel pump and dash lights
come
on as they should.  One problem, though, the wipers aren't working at all!
 I was very careful and what I disconnected (I thought!).  I thought that
the orange and white
went to the hot lead but that, again, makes the fuel pump come on and the
dash lights, so I know I dont want that on-all the time.
The rear defrost also isnt working, but I dont need that hooked up, never
worked correctly.

Any ideas?  Thanks.  John 70fb