[T3] CV concave washer

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:08:27 PDT 2011

Ok.  Thx everyone.  I think I got it together.  I just want to confirm....

The joint does move well and will "flex" from being flush (all pieces fit
within the outer race) to slightly extended in only one direction which is
away from the center of the axle.  I can't really get it all to flex *toward
*the center of the axle.  But I figure I have it together right.  Does this
sound correct?

I just really don't want to pull this off the car again if I don't have it
right, so I'm trying to understand completely the first time.

And as far as I can tell, the bluish-green cap that goes on the tranny
flange did press back in with no problems.  I think it's on there snug.  I
tapped it down with a socket that fit the perimeter and it seemed to get
seated fully down at the bottom of the "cup" of the flange.  Does that sound
correct?

Thanks,

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback