[T3] CV concave washer

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 18:41:48 PDT 2011

> If you're asking about axial motion (not flex) then I would expect it
> to move equally in both directions. Either way, it should move until
> the center race comes to rest against the ball retainer.

Well, I thought the same.  There's no grease in there yet, so maybe it
doesn't want to travel there easily.  However, it's reassembled EXACTLY as
taken apart except that the inner race appears to be 120 degrees opposed to
its original position (I made a mark aligning the two, but in reassembly I
botched it).  But the races are facing the right way, the balls are from
that same joint.  The only thing I might have messed up is turning the cage
around but I think folks here agreed that shouldn't matter.

If I assembled it incorrectly, it wouldn't move at all, right?

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback