[T3] Parting out front axle and rear subframe!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Sep 7 20:42:08 PDT 2011

On 7 Sep 2011 at 15:34, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> When I took mine apart I used a nylon ratcheting strap to compress the
> springplate just above the stop.  Then used the prybar to get it past
> the stop.  I know that's putting more tension on it, but it seemed
> easier to pry out without the spring plate pressing on the stop.

I'm doing the same thing, but it's not a nylon strap. Mine looks more
like the factory tool as shown in the manual, but it was homemade. It
should work equally well.

A friend showed up tonight with 2 crowbars, both longer than mine.
I'll find someone to help me and surely we'll have enough force to
pull this apart.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org