[T3] rebuilding 1969 automatic fastback

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Sep 13 20:47:21 PDT 2011

On 13 Sep 2011 at 21:48, steve crispino wrote:

> PO, or PPO, removed all fuel injection components and attempted to replace
> with carbs.  My goal is to return it to stock.  The engine ran prior
> to dis-assembly - working on rebuild now.  Minimally, I need to 1) have ECU
> verified, 2) rebuild / replace harness as several wires have broken
> insulation and /or end connectors are missing.
>
> Also, I'm missing the cover plate that holds the wiring harness onto the
> control unit.

Others will disagree, but I think that replacement of the FI wiring
harness is usually a waste of money. OTOH, I've had to do it once.
Good repairs are almost always sufficient, but this means good solder
joints and heat shrink tubing.  Don't waste your time with crimp
splices or electrical tape.

I probably have all the parts you might need. You need a B brain for
your '69. I have the sliding covers, and the brains themselves are
almost always good.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org