[T3] Camber Problems

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Tue Sep 13 21:08:50 PDT 2011

On 9/13/11 5:40 PM, Keith Park wrote:
> Easy to tell if the torsion arms are bent on the lower ones, if the bar
> doesn't exit the arm in the middle of the circle, the arm is bent, if it
> does then your fine.  The same theory applied for the uppers, but the sway
> bar will rock back and forth on one end if I recall properly.
>
> Keith
I'll try that when I take off the control arms.  I'm pretty sure the
torsion bars are good, and it's a control arm or spindle that's giving
me the problem.

Today I picked up an entire beam from rotor to rotor.  I bought it to
use the control arms and steering knuckles; but, my wife's brakes on her
73 Ghia squeal like crazy no matter what I do and I want to upgrade to
Type 3 dual pin brake calipers.  Win-win in my book, now to start
cleaning up the parts.