[T3] Spark plug gap

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 04:51:51 PDT 2011

I now generally make it 25 thou (about 0.63mm) as my 3 thou feeler gauge has
become a mess from over 40 years of use on VWs.  It was a 21st birthday
present from a friend so there is an incentive to keep using it!

It doesn't seem to affect mpg or performance.

Don't new plugs come gapped 0.6mm, though I appreciate that's not a reason
to use that gap?  I always check it and don't assume it's correct from the
box.

The gap seems to increase with time anyway.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club