[T3] Need help with erratic no start/start condition

Norman Roush naroush at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 11:58:20 PDT 2011

My daily driver '68 Squareback with MT and FI has recently developed an erratic no start condition.  Car will start and run fine for days/weeks.  Ran errand this AM.  Car started fine drove for about 20 mins.  Stopped for 15-20 mins and restarted fine and went home.  After 20-30 mins tried to start car but turned key, heard relays but fuel pump did not prime.  Checked relay, fuses and elect connections at pump.  All appeared OK but pump would not run.  Waited 30 mins while working on options, tried again, pumped primed OK and I drove to work.  I do not think I really "fixed" anything.  This sequence has happened 3 times in last 5-6 weeks.  I live in Sunnyvale, CA so heat/humidity is not a problem.  This has happened at 9:00 PM when it was cool.  Any suggestions?

TIA,
Norman